Winter Maintenance Tips
Tune in for the full list of your winter maintenance tips and to-dos!
- Walk around your home’s exterior and check the crawl space vents located at the foundation, close any that are open.
- Protect your central air conditioning unit with a cover, and remove and store window air conditioners.
- Clean and store your garden tools
- Move snow shovels and snow blowers to a convenient location.
- Change or clean your furnace filters. Consult manufacturer instructions for your furnace. Determine how frequently the filters should be replaced.
- Clean kitchen appliances inside and out, including refrigerator coils.
- Maintain clean drains by adding one-half-cup baking soda followed by one-half-cup white vinegar. After 10 minutes, flush with boiling water.