Building Permit Guide
Tune in as Gary & Jamie review Building Permits and what you need to know about them.
The Building Permit Process…
Can be costly, frustrating, and time-consuming, but are worth it for the safety and well-being of your home & your family.
- Every jurisdiction follows the 2019 Residential Code of Ohio (RCO) for 1, 2, and 3 family dwellings.
- The RCO regulates new dwellings, additions, alterations, and repairs to an existing building, certain accessory structures
- Permit fees are determined by each jurisdiction. Some are based on the square footage of the project, some are based on construction cost. Others are a flat fee.
- No work is allowed until a permit is approved
- The RCO does not prevent a local governing authority from adopting additional regulations governing residential structures. Always check with HOA, and zoning officials before applying for a building permit when working on the exterior of a dwelling.
When is a Permit required?
What is the submittal process?
What about HOAs and Zoning?
Tune in to find out the answers to these burning questions and more!